Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rave & Review: Beer Pork Chops

Originally Posted By: Pork Chop Recipes

Ingredients: pork chops, salt, pepper, olive oil, beer, onion

Tools: skillet, knife, measuring spoon

Meat and beer--a match made in heaven!

4 thick-cut pork chops
Dashes of salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 12oz. can or bottle of beer
(Optional Add-in: 1/2 cup sliced onions)

Pair With: Garlic Asparagus with Lime

Directions: Season both sides of the pork chops with the salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chops and brown on both sides for five minutes each.

Add the (onions) and beer. Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Cook until chops are no longer pink and the sauce is reduced, 35-45 minutes.


I used a light beer for my first attempt to make the chops and I think you could use just about any beer that you enjoy drinking. Since I used a beer that I like to drink with lime, I paired it with the Garlic Asparagus and Lime and some sauteed mushrooms. My time in the pan was a little longer than the original recipe used to make the chops more tender and the reduce the beer. Cook time might vary dependent on the type of beer in cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment